Friday, August 7, 2009

Malta to Rome to Hong Kong

KYLE 6.8.09
Hi everybody, Yesterday we woke up at four thirty and had to catch our flight to Reggio/Calabria. We said goodbye to our cousins and left with cousin Joe. At the Airport had to go through customs and left to catch our flight, we said goodbye to our cousin and boarded the plane Air Malta. The flight to Reggio/Calabria was a very short flight and was only half an hour WOW!!. We then flew to Rome to catch an eleven hour flight to Hong Kong. We caught a 747-400 Cathay Pacific plane that flew across eastern Europe and China. It was great even though we were economy class to me and my uncle it was first class because we sat in a row by ourselves and had heaps on movies and tv shows to watch on our screens. There were over 800 cds to choose. We arrived in Hong Kong this morning when we went to collect our luggage unfortunately my suitcase was not there.

UNCLE 6.8.09
The CX flght was the best in all our trip so far. Excellent food, service and entertainment. We arrived at Hong Kong at 5.30 am to a wet and humid morning but took over an hour to clear customs and fill in the swine flu forms. Unfortunately, Kyle's bag did not arrive at Hong Kong. I filed a report with the Cathay Pacific staff at the airport then we caught a shuttle bus to our hotel. It took 40 minutes. We were both very tired and were able to check into our rooms early. When we got the room I noticed that my bag had been interfered with. The zipper had been prized open and my belongings ruffled. We also found a bundle of mail destined to Australia from Italy stuffed into one corner of it. I spent most of the morning reporting the bag tampering to Cathay Pacific, Air Malta, the hotel concierge and our travel insurer. Cathay Pacific took the suitcase away for repairs and it was delivered at the end of the day. Kyle and I spent some time after dinner compiling a list of what he had in his bag. He was upset that the Maltese Monopoly game that his father's cousin had given him was also in his lost in his bag. This is worth over Euro 60. I had a spare change of clothing for Kyle in my bag but "lost" my spare set in his. We will have to wait until the morning for the next Cathay Pacific flight from Rome to land to learn of the bag's whereabouts..

No comments:

Post a Comment